Delhi Airport: Flight Operations Resume After 2-Hour Delay Due to Dense Fog, Congestion
According to an official, since the Low Visibility Take Off (LVTO) requirement was not being fulfilled, departure of flights were on hold for two hours from around 0715 hours.
File photo of Jet Airways.
New Delhi: Air passengers flying out of Delhi faced inconvenience on Tuesday morning as all departures at the airport were put on hold for two hours due to dense fog and congestion.
Three international and one domestic flights have been diverted so far while arrivals have not been stopped, an official said. The minimum visibility required for take off is 125 metres.
Jet Airways had advised its travelers to check their flight status at jetairways.com
A passenger also tweeted about the delay:
Morning Flight delayed due to fog at airport. someone asked from ground assistant "how much delayed". They said "jaise hi kuch dikhai dena start hoga hum update karenge sir"Wht d fun😆😆 #delhiairport #airport— captain marvel (@TwiterPeHu) December 25, 2018
According to the official, since the Low Visibility Take Off (LVTO) requirement is not being fulfilled, departure of flights were on hold for two hours from around 0715 hours. Departure of flights resumed at 0916 hours.
Private weather service Skymet had forecast a foggy morning on Christmas. "While the day will remain sunny, haziness will prevail in the sky. Minimum temperature may see a slight increase but will continue to be below normal levels," it said.
The national capital recorded its coldest December temperature in the past 12 years on Monday with mercury dipping to 3.7 degrees Celsius. The day's maximum temperature was recorded at 21.4 degrees Celsius, which is normal for this time of the season.
Recommended For You
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s