Delhi Couple Taken Off Delhi-Bound Rajdhani Train After Quarantine Seal Found on Husband's Hand
The couple was reported to the authorities by their co-passengers following which they were offloaded in Telangana and taken to a hospital.
Passengers, some wearing protective masks as a precaution against COVID-19, wait at a train station in Mumbai on March 20, 2020. (AP Photo/Rajanish Kakade)
New Delhi: A couple was deboarded from a Delhi-bound Rajdhani train on Saturday after co-passengers observed a home quarantine seal on the husband's hand, the Railways said Saturday.
Officials said the Delhi-based couple boarded the Bangalore City-New Delhi Rajdhani at Secunderabad Saturday morning.
When the train reached Kazipet in Telangana at 9:45 am a co-passenger noticed the quarantine mark authorities are putting on suspected coronavirus cases on the husband's hand when he was wash his hands. Other co-passengers then informed the TTE on board the train, the national transporter said.
The train was briefly detained and the couple was taken to a hospital. The coach was completely sanitised in Kazipet and was locked, officials said.
The air conditioning was also switched off. The train left for its destination at 11:30 am.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Surviving a Crisis: Naming Babies 'Covid' and 'Lockdown' is Okay Because Birth Trumps Death
- Shah Rukh Khan's Humble Replies to Arvind Kejriwal and Aditya Thackeray Win Hearts
- No One Knew You Before Aamir's Dangal: Babita Phogat Slammed For 'Communalising' Nizamuddin Meet
- Jalandhar Residents Wake up to View of Himalayan Range as COVID-19 Lockdown Leaves Air Cleaner
- This Electric HM Ambassador Rendered by DC2 Makes Us Wish it Was a Reality