Delhi Court Directs CBI to Give Closure Report Documents of Missing JNU Student Najeeb's Case to Mother
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Naveen Kumar Kashyap directed CBI to supply the documents in physical or electronic form and asked the investigating officer of the case to appear before it in person on May 7.
File photo of missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday directed the CBI to give copies of all statements and documents related to the closure report of probe into missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed's case to his mother within two weeks.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Naveen Kumar Kashyap directed the probe agency to supply the documents in physical or electronic form and asked the investigating officer of the case to appear before it in person on May 7.
The court's order came while hearing a protest petition filed by Ahmed's mother, Fatima Nafees, against the Central Bureau of Investigation's closure report in the case.
The lawyer appearing argued that she has not been supplied statement of witnesses.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back