Delhi Court Dismisses Bail Plea of Former J&K MLA Rashid Engineer in Terror Funding Case
The judge rejected the application saying the prosecution has successfully established that "there exists reasonable grounds to believe the accusations against the accused are prima facie true".
Photo for Representation. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday dismissed the bail application of former independent MLA in Jammu and Kashmir, Sheikh Abdul Rashid, arrested in a case related to terror-funding activities in the Valley.
Popularly known as Rashid Engineer, he was a legislator from the Langate Assembly seat in north Kashmir and is the first mainstream politician to have been arrested by the NIA in the case.
Special Judge Praveen Kumar rejected the application saying the prosecution has successfully established that "there exists reasonable grounds to believe the accusations against the accused are prima facie true".
Rashid was arrested on August 9 last year, since he was unable to give any convincing answers to the questions, the NIA had said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Deadpool on Fortnite is Finally Live: Here's How You Can Get the Special Skin
- Apple iPhone 11 Now Reportedly Cheaper by Rs 17,000 in China — Will India Follow Suit?
- Saif Ali Khan is Coaxing Kareena Kapoor to Teach Him Yoga During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Zoom Video Conferencing and its Unending Privacy and Security Issues: The Full Timeline
- Shah Rukh Khan's Humble Replies to Arvind Kejriwal and Aditya Thackeray Win Hearts