Delhi Court Frames Charges of Rape Against Expelled BJP MLA Sengar, Accomplice in Unnao Case
The Delhi court framed charges of criminal conspiracy, kidnapping and rape against the expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar and accomplice Shashi Singh for raping a minor girl in Unnao in 2017.
File photo of BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar. (PTI)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday framed charges against expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar for allegedly raping a minor in Unnao in 2017. District Judge Dharmesh Sharma also framed charges against Sengar's accomplice Shashi Singh for allegedly kidnapping the minor girl, who is presently admitted in AIIMS, Delhi.
The court has framed charges under Sections 120 b (criminal conspiracy), 363 (kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping or inducing a woman to compel for marriage), 376 (rape) and other relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
The CBI had on Thursday told the court that Sengar and his brother assaulted the father of the girl and framed him in an Arms Act case, in collusion with three state police officials and five others. The agency had submitted that the MLA and his "accomplices" got lodged an FIR, accusing the rape survivor's father of possessing a country-made pistol and four live cartridges.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Just 'Invited' the Internet to Meme His Comical Photo and Desi Fans Didn't Disappoint
- The Race to Launch India’s First 5G Smartphone is Completely Pointless
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite Review: The Battle With The OnePlus 7T is Too Close to Call
- Kolkata's 'Protest Poet' EPR is Singing on CAA, Jamia Violence, and Farmer Suicides. And, Asking Questions