Delhi Court Grants Bail to AAP Leader Atishi, Others in Defamation Case
AAP's Rajya Sabha member Sushil Kumar Gupta, MLA Manoj Kumar and Atishi were also granted relief on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 each after the three appeared before the court.
File photo of AAP leader Atishi. (PTI)
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted bail to AAP leaders Atishi and others in a defamation case filed by the BJP against them for their remarks over deletion of voters' names from electoral rolls in the city.
AAP's Rajya Sabha member Sushil Kumar Gupta, MLA Manoj Kumar were also granted relief on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 each after the three appeared before the court.
However, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal failed to appear before the court Friday. The court directed him to appear on July 16.
BJP leader Rajeev Babbar, who moved the petition on behalf of the party's Delhi unit, sought proceedings against them for "harming" the reputation of the BJP by blaming it for the deletion of the names of "voters" from electoral rolls here.
He claimed the AAP leaders had, during a press conference held in December last year, alleged that on the directions of the BJP names of 30 lakh voters from Bania, Poorvanchali and the Muslim community had been deleted by the Election Commission.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year