Delhi Court Grants Bail to Jairam Ramesh in Vivek Doval Case
Vivek Doval, had filed a defamation case against Jairam Ramesh, and the author of an article published in The Caravan magazine
File photo of Jairam Ramesh. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday granted bail to Congress leader Jairam Ramesh in a defamation case filed by NSA Ajit Doval's son Vivek Doval against him and 'The Caravan' magazine for an article published in January.
The complaint was filed against The Caravan and the author of the article, besides the Congress Leader.
Samar Vishal, the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, framed defamation charges against all the three accused after they pleaded not guilty in the case.
In his complaint, Vivek Doval had said the magazine and Ramesh, who had held a press conference repeating the allegations leveled by the magazine, had attempted to "deliberately malign and defame" him to "settle scores with his father".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right