Delhi Court Summons Jairam Ramesh in Defamation Plea Filed by Ajit Doval's Son
The Caravan had alleged in its article that Vivek Doval, 'runs a hedge fund in the Cayman Islands' which is 'an established tax haven'.
File photo of Jairam Ramesh. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday summoned senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh, The Caravan magazine's editor and its reporter as accused on April 25 in a defamation plea filed by NSA Ajit Doval's son Vivek against the magazine.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Samar Vishal asked them to appear before the court on April 25.
The Caravan had alleged in its article that Vivek Doval, "runs a hedge fund in the Cayman Islands" which is "an established tax haven".
On January 30, Vivek had recorded his statement before the court, saying all the allegations levelled by the magazine and later repeated by Ramesh at a press conference were "baseless" and "false" and damaged his reputation in the eyes of family members and professional colleagues.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships