Delhi Court Summons TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee, Nephew of West Bengal CM for Filing False Election Affidavit
A complaint alleged that TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee falsely stated his qualification as MBA and also concealed information regarding his education qualification about graduation.
A complaint alleged that Abhishek Banerjee had filed false affidavit regarding his education qualification. (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday summoned Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee, nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, for allegedly filing false affidavit with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections of 2014.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Samar Vishal directed Abhishek, the MP from Diamond Harbour Lok Sabha seat, to appear before the court on July 25.
"There exists sufficient grounds to proceed against the respondent Abhishek Banarjee... Accordingly, Abhishek Banarjee is summoned for commission of offence of under section 125A (filing false affidavit) of the Representation of People Act," the judge said.
The complaint, filed through advocate Neeraj, alleged that Abhishek had filed false affidavit regarding his education qualification.
It alleged that Abhishek falsely stated his qualification as MBA and also concealed information regarding his education qualification about graduation.
"Abhishek deliberately gave false information with intention to cheat public at large by falsely representing himself to be highly qualified candidate which created a false impression over public at large," the complaint said.
Recommended For You
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- After Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner Imitates Naomi Campbell's Vintage Bikini Runway Look
- Deserve a Chance in Indian Team, ‘A’ Series Performance Would Count: Iyer
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Here is How Much a New Xiaomi Mi TV With Android TV And PatchWall Will Cost You
- Asus ROG Phone II Will Be The First to Adopt Qualcomm's New Snapdragon 855 Plus Chip