Delhi Excise Dept Conducts Raid at Popular South Ex-1 Restaurant Serving Illegal Liquor
The restaurant did not have the excise licence to serve liquor to their customers. Non-duty-paid liquor was being served at the party on Friday night.
Representative Image (Reuters).
New Delhi: The Delhi Excise Department has conducted a raid at a famous restaurant serving illegal liquor at a party in South Extension-1 area, an official said.
According to the official, the restaurant did not have the excise licence to serve liquor to their customers. Non-duty-paid liquor was being served at the party on Friday night.
Restaurant owner and manager have been apprehended.
"On Friday, an information was received that a famous restaurant at South Extension Part-1 is organising a high-profile party and serving liquor without license.
"A raid was conducted at the restaurant and a large number of illegal liquor and beer bottles were recovered from the spot," he said.
The department has recovered more than 160 liquor bottles from the restaurant, the official said, adding that an FIR has been registered at the Kotla Mubarakpur police station.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- MS Dhoni Buys Rare Army-Sourced Nissan Jonga: Here's All You Need to Know About the SUV