- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Delhi Fire: Bodies of Bihar Residents to Be Carried in Swatantrata Senani Express, Says Railways
They said that after the incident in which 43 people died, the resident commissioner of Bihar in Delhi approached Railway Minister Piyush Goyal for help to send the bodies home.
New Delhi: The railways will carry the bodies of the Bihar residents who died in the Anaj Mandi fire on Sunday to their home state, officials of the national transporter said.
The bodies will be carried in the seating-cum-luggage rake (SLR coach) on board the Swatantrata Senani express, the officials said.
They said that after the incident in which 43 people died, the resident commissioner of Bihar in Delhi approached Railway Minister Piyush Goyal for help to send the bodies home. Upon Goyal's intervention, the Delhi Division arranged for the coach.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- Sejal Sharma's Suicide Note States Nobody Should be Blamed for Death, Friends Hint at Depression
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Over 24,000 Undelivered Letters Found Stashed at Former Postman's House in Japan