Delhi Fire Service Got 19 Calls From Communal Violence-hit Northeast Areas In 8 Hours Till Today
Over 100 firemen are deployed in the area and all the four fire station in the area are provided with extra fire tenders.
A motorcyclist drives past shops that were set on fire by mobs in New Delhi. (Image: AP)
New Delhi: The Delhi Fire Service received 19 calls from midnight to 8 am on Thursday from riot-hit areas of northeast Delhi, an official said.
Over 100 firemen are deployed in the area and all the four fire station in the area are provided with extra fire tenders to meet any emergency and are being managed by senior officers, Director of Delhi Fire Service Atul Garg said.
Senior officers are also camping in the riot-affected area, he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Maanvi Gagroo Says A Web Show Producer Asked Her To 'Compromise' For Bigger Budget
- Amitabh Bachchan Misses Wife Jaya on Her Birthday as She is Stuck in Delhi
- Shweta Bachchan’s Birthday Post for Mom Makes Her Target of Abhishek, Navya Naveli’s Jokes
- More Trouble For Earth: A Massive Hole Has Opened up in The Ozone Layer Above The Arctic
- Mobile Internet And Home Broadband Speeds Are Falling in India: Ookla Speedtest Global Index