Delhi Govt to Distribute 50 Lakh Masks among School Students from November 1 to Combat Pollution
A kit with two pieces of N95, one of the good quality masks for tackling smog, will be given to students and will be distributed for a week, said Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Representative image (Burhaan Kinu via Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Delhi government will start distributing masks among school students from Friday following a spike in the pollution level, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Wednesday.
Fifty lakh N95 masks would be given to students in both government and private schools in Delhi, he said.
A kit of two pieces of N95, one of the good quality masks for tackling smog, will be given to students and will be distributed for a week.
"I will also distribute masks among students on Friday. We are getting delivery of masks," he said.
Kejriwal said the main reason behind the spike in pollution was stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. He urged the governments of the neighbouring states to take steps to prevent stubble burning.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- It's 3 Idiots Reunion as Mona Singh Joins Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Starrer Laal Singh Chaddha
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- Internet's Favourite Singer to Trolls' Easiest Target: Can We Leave Ranu Mondal Alone?
- Salman Khan Consoles an Overwhelmed Saiee Manjrekar During Dabangg 3 Promotions