Delhi HC Denies Bail to Chidambaram in INX Media Money Laundering Case
Justice Suresh Kait had reserved the order on November 8 on the bail petition after hearing the arguments of counsel for Chidambaram and the Enforcement Directorate.
Senior Congress leader and former finance minister P Chidambaram. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday denied bail to former finance minister P Chidambaram in the INX Media money laundering case.
Justice Suresh Kait had reserved the order on November 8 on the bail petition after hearing the arguments of counsel for Chidambaram and the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
The ED had arrested him in the money laundering case on October 16.
He was arrested by the CBI on August 21 in the INX Media corruption case and was granted bail by the Supreme Court in the CBI case on October 22.
The case was registered by the CBI on May 15, 2017, alleging irregularities in a Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance granted to the INX Media group for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007, during Chidambaram's tenure as finance minister.
Thereafter, the ED had lodged a money-laundering case in this regard in 2017.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 75 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Hindustani Bhau on Weekend Ka Vaar
- PhonePe Clocks 5 Billion Transactions And Registers 5X Growth in The Past Year
- He is a Dabangg Player: Salman Khan on MS Dhoni
- Man Orders iPhone 11 Pro Worth Rs 93,000 from Flipkart, Receives Fake Phone Instead
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges