Delhi HC Dismisses Deepak Talwar's Bail Plea in Money Laundering Case
Talwar was arrested by the ED after his deportation from Dubai in January. He had challenged the trial court's order denying him bail in the case.
File photo of Deepak Talwar.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday dismissed the bail plea of lobbyist Deepak Talwar, arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in a money laundering case. Justice Rajnish Bhatnagar denied the relief to Talwar.
He was arrested by the ED after his deportation from Dubai in January. He had challenged the trial court's order denying him bail in the case.
The trial court had earlier taken cognisance on the charge sheet filed by ED on the case and issued production warrant of Talwar, who is lodged in jail.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan, Jackie Chan, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jason Momoa Come Together at Film Festival
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Ravi Shastri in 'Titanic'? ICC Hosted a Caption Contest and Memers Did Not Disappoint