Delhi HC Dismisses Manoj Prasad's Bail Plea: Here's All About 'Flamboyant Middleman' in Rakesh Asthana Case
Manoj Prasad, an investment banker based in Dubai, is known to be a flamboyant man. He had earlier walked into court wearing torn jeans and a blue denim shirt.
A file-combination photo shows CBI Director Alok Verma and Special Director Rakesh Asthana.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday dismissed the bail plea of middleman Manoj Prasad in a bribery case allegedly involving CBI Special Director Rakesh Asthana.
Justice Najmi Waziri denied the relief to Prasad, saying the allegations against him were serious in nature. Additional Solicitor General Vikramjit Banerjee and Advocate Rajdipa Behura, appearing for the CBI, opposed the bail plea on the grounds that investigation was at a crucial stage and Prasad's case was different from that of other accused.
Prasad, an investment banker based in Dubai, is known to be a flamboyant man. He had earlier walked into court wearing torn jeans and a blue denim shirt. The banker and his Somesh Prasad have been accused in the case involving Asthana. While Manoj Prasad was arrested by the CBI, Somesh Prasad is still at large.
The brother duo are sons of Deveshwar Prasad, a former director at the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
Manoj Prasad's Facebook profile hints at his well-connected network. He has been photographed with high-profile individuals, including former diplomats and top government officials. There are also pictures of him with yoga guru Ramdev and filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: The Echo Show 5 Goes on Sale For Rs 5,399 And This May be Its Lowest Price Ever
- Gauri Khan and Son AbRam Visit Bandra's Mount Mary Church for Sunday Mass
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice
- Shaw in Race Against Time to Get Fit For West Indies Tour