0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Delhi HC Dismisses Plea Challenging AAP Govt's Proposal to Make Metro Ride Free for Women
The Delhi High Court also rejected the prayer in the petition seeking reduction of fares and to make 15 slabs of the ticket price instead of existing six.
Representative image (File photo/ Twitter)
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday dismissed a petition challenging the AAP government's proposal to make metro ride free for women.
A bench of Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice C Hari Shankar declined to entertain the plea, saying there is no substance in it and imposed a cost of Rs 10,000 on the petitioner.
The court also rejected the prayer in the petition seeking reduction of fares and to make 15 slabs of the ticket price instead of existing six.
"Fixation of fares is a statutory provision and it depends on several factors including cost which cannot be determined in a PIL," the bench said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge