Delhi Hit-and-run:17-year-old Dies After Speeding Car Hits his Scooty
In yet another incident of hit-and-run in the national capital, a 17-year-old boy riding a scooter, was killed after being hit by a Mercedes in outer Delhi's Mianwali area, police said on Monday morning.
New Delhi: In yet another incident of hit-and-run in the national capital, a 17-year-old boy riding a scooter, was killed after being hit by a Mercedes in outer Delhi's Mianwali area, police said on Monday morning.
The incident occurred on Sunday night at around 10:30 PM when the victim, identified as Atul, was on his way to his home, police said.
Atul was coming back from a nearby temple, according to his uncle, who said that "whosoever was responsible for his nephew's death be brought to justice".
CNN-News18 has also learnt that police are heavily relying on the CCTV footage to ascertain all the facts related to this unfortunate incident resulting in the death of a teenager.
However, the vehicle that hit the scooter is yet to be identified after the driver fled the site.
The accident is one among several to have taken place in New Delhi over the past few months. In January 2017, a BMW had rammed an Uber, resulting in the death of its driver in Munirka, South Delhi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India