Delhi Imam's Wife Raped by Brother-in-Law, Gets Divorce Notice from Husband
The woman, wife of a Delhi-based Imam, was reportedly beaten up when she tried to fight back.
Image for representation.
Muzaffarnagar (UP): The wife of an Imam of a Delhi-based mosque was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law at Dhandeda village here, police said on Monday, adding the woman later got a divorce notice from her husband.
The woman was raped and beaten up at her house on Sunday when she tried to oppose the accused, Mainuddin, SHO Jitender Kumar said.
The victim's husband was not present at the time of the incident, he said, adding the woman has been sent for medical examination.
An FIR has been registered against the accused following a complaint by the victim's brother, Kumar said.
The SHO said the victim got divorce notice from the Imam after the incident.
The couple had married last year.
Recommended For You
- Farewell, Sheila Dikshit: PM Modi, Congress Leaders Bid Adieu To Former Delhi CM
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- It Went Wrong From My End: PV Sindhu Rues Mistakes in Indonesia Open Final Loss to Yamaguchi
- MCU Phase 4 Films Unveiled, Priyanka Chopra Draws Criticism After Pics of Her Smoking Go Viral
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain