The showdown over Delhi’s Excise Policy continues in the national capital with both the BJP and the ruling AAP fighting it out. Both parties have traded several allegations with the latest one coming from the AAP who alleged poaching attempts by the BJP. A total of 53 AAP MLAs out of 62 attended a meeting convened by party supremo and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has maintained that the AAP’s “poaching" claim is just a “public stunt" by the Kejriwal-led party. BJP MP Manoj Tiwari said the AAP is trying to divert people’s attention and questioned Kejriwal’s “silence" over the Delhi excise policy.
The CBI is currently probing alleged irregularities in implementation of Kejriwal government’s new excise police and has named Sisodia who holds Excise portfolio, among 14 others as accused in its FIR. The agency had camped at the Deputy CM’s residence last Saturday for over 14 hours and said it recovered several documents and key evidences from his residence.
Here are the latest updates of the political showdown over the Delhi Excise Policy:
- Sisodia also attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying he “gets insecure" seeing good work done by others. “Prime Minister Modi gets insecure seeing good work by others. I have not seen a more insecure person than him. Had Arvind Kejriwal been the prime minister, he would not have done something like this had I been an education minister in some other government," Sisodia said in the Assembly.
BJP Serial Killer की तरह राज्य सरकारों को मारने में जितनी मेहनत लगाती है, उससे कम मेहनत में School-Hospital बन जाते हैं।दुनिया में जो Kejriwal जी के काम की तारीफ़ हो रही है, वो इनसे सहन नहीं हो रहा है।
BJP की इतने राज्यों में Govts है, आप भी अच्छा काम कर लेते -@msisodia pic.twitter.com/dIMNXV0Yt7
— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) August 26, 2022
- Manish Sisodia reiterated the allegations of ‘Operation Lotus’ in Delhi. Speaking in the Delhi Assembly, Sisodia said, “One person came to me with a massage. Leave Kejriwal ji and join BJP. All CBI and ED cases will be withdrawn. I said when I did not do anything wrong, and I have faith in court - it may take time, why should I leave Kejriwal I questioned."
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to the Delhi Assembly at 4 pm.
- Manish Sisodia responds to the corruption allegations today and said, “I have not indulged in corruption of even one rupee. This FIR is completely false. Schools, hospitals etc can be built with far less energy than the energy that they use like a serial killer to bring down governments."
- Delhi Assembly begins amid ruckus. BJP MLAs staged a protest inside the assembly and held up posters against the AAP government.
Delhi | BJP workers stage protest against Arvind Kejriwal-led government over Delhi excise policy case pic.twitter.com/ci6YmKQYdq— ANI (@ANI) August 26, 2022
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, Deputy CM Manish Sisodia and AAP MLA Atishi have all reached the Delhi Assembly.
Delhi | The one-day special session of the Delhi Legislative Assembly gets underwayAAP has alleged that BJP was luring party MLAs to topple the Kejriwal govt. Recently, CBI raided Dy CM Manish Sisodia in excise policy case. pic.twitter.com/zBr15Um6uc
— ANI (@ANI) August 26, 2022
- Delhi based lawyer Vineet Jindal writes to Central Bureau of Investigation seeking to probe in the allegations of AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal alleging that BJP paid crores of rupees to its lawmakers to break the party.
- A fresh row erupted after the BJP ‘Purified’ the Rajghat with Ganga Jal after a visit by AAP leaders in the national capital. The BJP on Thursday sprinkled Ganga jal on Rajghat after AAP legislators visited the memorial, and its MP Manoj Tiwari took the point further by comparing Arvind Kejriwal to prominent Nazi leader Joseph Goebbels and accusing him of lying repeatedly.
- The AAP, after the allegations of poaching attempts by the BJP, the AAP began a campaign on social media to question “where the money to try and poach AAP MLAs came from"
- The BJP Delhi Unit held several protests in Delhi against the alleged Liquor Policy Scam by the Kejriwal government.
Read all the Latest News India and Breaking News here