Delhi Mahila Congress Chief Sharmistha Mukherjee Detained Near Amit Shah's Residence During Anti-CAA Protests
Sharmishta Mukherjee, the daughter of former president Pranab Mukherjee said that around 50 other women members of the Delhi Mahila Congress were also detained and taken to the Mandir Marg police station.
Police detain Delhi Mahila Congress President Sharmistha Mukherjee & other Congress workers
New Delhi: Delhi Mahila Congress chief Sharmistha Mukherjee, along with some other members of the outfit, was detained on Friday near Home Minister Amit Shah's residence here during a protest against the amended citizenship law.
Mukherjee, the daughter of former president Pranab Mukherjee, told PTI that around 50 other women members of the Delhi Mahila Congress were also detained and taken to the Mandir Marg police station.
Police said they detained the leader and some other members of the outfit during a protest march near Shah's residence.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Enters House, Asim Riaz Proposes Marriage to Her
- Australian Open: Federer Gets Warned for Obscene Language During Quarter-final vs Sandgren
- This Video of Sara Ali Khan is The Cutest Thing on Internet Today
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera