Delhi Man Requests Song Change at Durga Puja Pandal, Stabbed to Death
Victim Riyaz was visiting a pandal near his house and reportedly approached the person in charge to change the song being played, leading to a scuffle.
Image for representation only.
A 44-year-old man was stabbed to death in Delhi’s Khyala area after he got into an argument with three men about the choice of songs at a Durga Puja pandal.
Victim Riyaz was visiting a pandal near his house and reportedly approached the person in charge to change the song being played, the Times of India reported.
An argument among the men snowballed into a scuffle during which Riyaz was stabbed in the head with a knife. He was rushed to a hospital and later admitted to Safdarjung Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said the three accused — Vinay, Manoj and Mahesh — were arrested and had confessed to the crime. The body was handed over to Riyaz’s family on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says He Deserves to Win More Ballon d’Or Awards Than Messi
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro