Delhi Man, Thrashed for Trying to Rape Minor, Dies in Hospital
A 25-year-old man, who was thrashed by a mob for allegedly attempting to rape a four-year-old girl in east Delhi's Pandav Nagar, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital this morning.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man, who was thrashed by a mob for allegedly attempting to rape a four-year-old girl in east Delhi's Pandav Nagar, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital this morning.
Police said the man lured the girl, who had on Thursday night gone to have snacks at a roadside eatery, to a deserted spot near Sanjay Lake.
When the girl did not return home, her mother started looking for her. A local told her that he had seen Golu taking her towards the lake.
When the woman along with some locals reached the spot, they found the accused forcing himself on the minor girl. A mob attacked the accused with stones and batons. They kept hitting him until he fell unconscious, said a police officer.
After the police learnt about the incident, he was rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital and later referred to GTB hospital, where he died during treatment. His body has been handed over to his family.
Police have not been able to identify those who beat up the man.
His family has alleged that he was killed by a group of persons for resisting a robbery. The police, however, have refuted the allegation.
Golu, who hailed from Basti in Uttar Pradesh, lived in Shashi Garden area near Pandav Nagar. He was addicted to alcohol and drugs, the police said.
Recommended For You
- Chhetri Brace Helps Bengaluru FC Thrash East Bengal to Win Super Cup
- Nanu Ki Jaanu Movie Review: Abhay Deol-Patralekha Starrer Is A Major Eye-Roll Fest
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Worth Rs 3.76 Crore Home Delivery in Hyderabad - Watch Video
- Beyond The Clouds Review: Despite the Bollywood Cliches, Majid Majidi's Film Will Win Hearts
- Bollywood Actor Jimmy Sheirgill Buys Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG SUV Worth Rs 2.18 Crore