Delhi Pilgrim Dies of Heart Attack Enroute to Vaishno Devi Shrine
Mukesh Sharma, a resident of Delhi's Rohini area, fell unconscious near Battery car point along the new track to the cave shrine Friday evening and was later declared brought dead by doctors.
An aerial view of the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu: A 30-year-old man from Delhi died of suspected heart attack enroute to the cave shrine of Vaishno Devi in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police official said on Saturday.
Mukesh Sharma, a resident of Delhi's Rohini area, fell unconscious near Battery car point along the new track to the cave shrine Friday evening and was later declared brought dead by doctors at a dispensary nearby, the official said.
He said the pilgrim was accompanied by his wife and the couple were on way to the shrine to offer their prayers when he apparently suffered the massive heart attack and fell down. His body was brought to a health centre at Katra and is being handed over to his family for last rites, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion