Delhi Police Arrests Man for Kidnapping 9-Year-Old Girl for Marriage
The accused, Kamlesh, who had worked at the victim's house about a month ago, tried to convince her to marry him, but she refused.
Image for representation.
The Delhi police arrested an accused in a case of kidnapping on Sunday. The accused identified as Kamlesh had kidnapped a nine-year-old girl on Sunday in a bid to marry her, the police said.
According to the police, Kamlesh works as a labourer and had worked at victim's house about a month ago, but since then he used to visit the house to interact with the girl.
On Sunday he tried to convince her to marry him, but she refused. The accused then kidnapped her, police said. The Delhi police nabbed him at Mahoba railway station while he was travelling to a village in Uttar Pradesh.
"Kamlesh planned to kidnap her so that he could force the family of the girl and the girl herself to marry him," a senior police officer said.
Recommended For You
- Most Epic Selfie Ever? This Monkey Just Photobombed a Family's Vacation Photo and It's Hilarious
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Fact Check: Did ‘Game of Thrones’ Copy Arya Stark Slaying the Night King Sequence from an Indian Show?
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s