Delhi Police Holds Flag March, Deploys Heavy Security in Areas Ahead of Anti-Citizenship Law Protests
Delhi Police conducted a flag march in sensitive areas of the capital as a part of maintaining law and order, along with foot patrolling in other districts of the city.
Representative image. (Courtesy: PTI)
New Delhi: Flag march was conducted in some areas of the Northeast district in the national capital, following which heavy police force was deployed in parts of the city. This was done ahead of Friday prayers and protests calls by some organisations against the amended Citizenship Act, police said.
The police organised flag march in northeast Delhi's Seelampur, Jafrabad, Welcome and Mustafabad areas, they said.
Adequate police force from adjoining districts and fifteen companies of paramilitary forces were deployed in the Northeast district to maintain the law and order situation in the area, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan Opens up on Divorce with Amrita Singh and Its Impact on Sara, Ibrahim
- Rishi Kapoor Puzzles People with This Veteran Actor's Throwback Pic
- Bigg Boss 13: Akanksha Puri Breaks up with Housemate Paras Chhabra?
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1