Delhi Teacher Held for Sexually Abusing Student After Blackmailer Outs Video
The incident came to light after a video of the act was forwarded by the teacher to an acquaintance who made it viral with an intention to blackmail the accused
Picture for representation.
New Delhi: A 52-year-old teacher of a government school in north Delhi's Burari was arrested for allegedly sexually abusing his 15-year-old student, police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light on Friday, after a video of the act was forwarded by the teacher to an acquaintance who made it viral with an intention to blackmail the accused, a senior police officer said.
Following this, the teacher was arrested, the officer said, adding it was suspected that the video was shot in June.
The police were probing whether the accused had abused other students and how long he had been abusing the victim.
The victim stays with his family in northwest Delhi's Swaroop Nagar.
The parents of other students staged a protest outside the school today demanding strict action against the teacher.
Earlier this month, an electrician was arrested for allegedly raping a Class 2 student in a New Delhi Municipal Council School.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- ICC Have Run Out of Patience With Zimbabwe Cricket: Grant Flower
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion