Delhi to Provide Free Bus Rides to Women Passengers on Raksha Bandhan
In view of the rush of commuters on the festival, the DTC will run the maximum number of buses on the day, DTC said.
New Delhi: The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) will provide free rides to women passengers on Raksha Bandhan, a Delhi government official said on Wednesday.
Every year, the women criss-crossing the city to celebrate Raksha Bandhan are provided free rides in DTC and cluster buses, he said.
"The women passengers can avail the free rides on Rakasha Bandhan which is coinciding with the Independence Day on Thursday, from 8 AM to 10 PM," according to a statement by the DTC.
The free rides will be available in all AC and non-AC buses, it said.
In view of the rush of commuters on the festival, the DTC will run maximum number of buses on the day.
The depot managers have been directed to carry out all the maintenance activities, the statement added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March