Delhi Woman Accuses ‘Godman’ of Raping Her and Minor Daughter
The woman claimed she was raped by self-styled godman Ashu Maharaj from 2008 to 2013 by his friends and his son.
Image for representation only. (Mir Suhail/ News18 Creatives)
New Delhi: A woman has alleged a self-styled godman raped her and her minor daughter at his ashram in the national capital, police said Monday.
The woman claimed she was raped by self-styled godman Ashu Maharaj from 2008 to 2013 by his friends and his son, they said.
She alleged he even asked her to bring her minor daughter to him and raped her, the police said.
A case was registered with the Hauz Khas police station last week and the probe was transferred to the Crime Branch Sunday, they added.
Police are probing her allegations.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked