Delhi Woman Arrested for Alleged Involvement in Human Trafficking, Ran NGO to Lure Girls With False Job Promises
The accused, Prabha Muni, and her husband, Rohit Muni, allegedly ran an NGO that lured girls with false promises of employment and sold them off.
New Delhi: A 42-year-old woman allegedly involved in human trafficking and carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 was arrested in west Delhi's Punjabi Bagh area, police said on Sunday.
The accused, Prabha Muni, and her husband, Rohit Muni, allegedly ran an NGO that lured girls with false promises of employment and sold them off, they said.
Acting on a tip off, Prabha Muni was arrested on Saturday, while her husband was at still at large, police said.
During investigation, it was learnt that the accused used to lure girls to their NGO with false promises of getting them jobs as house maids in Delhi, a senior police officer said.
A case was registered against them in 2013 and the accused were absconding since then, he said, adding that police were trying to trace Rohit Muni.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims