Delhi Woman Found Hanging in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli, Husband Under Police Scanner
UP Police has booked Mallika Begum's husband of 22 years for abetment to suicide, on the basis of a complaint filed against him by her brother.
Muzaffarnagar: The body of a woman from Delhi was found hanging in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district, following which police booked her husband for abatement to suicide, officials said on Saturday.The incident happened on Friday in Kandhla town of the district, where her inlaws' house is situated.
Police said Mallika Begum, who was in her 40s, allegedly committed suicide due to some problems in her family and a case was filed against her husband, Nafees Ahmad, following a complaint by her brother. Her brother, Savaiz, alleged in the complaint that his sister was being harassed by her husband, police said.
Nafees and Mallika were married for 22 years, they said. Further investigations into the case are currently underway, officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March