Delhi's Power Demand on Monday Night Was this Summer’s Highest as City Sweltered in Heatwave
Monday was the season's hottest day in national capital with the maximum temperature being 48 Degrees Celsius.
A woman shields her child against direct heat as temperature soars, in New Delhi, Tuesday, June 11, 2019. (PTI Photo/Atul Yadav)
New Delhi As there is no relief from the scorching heat, the peak power demand in Delhi broke all records of this season on Monday and touched a high of 6686 megawatt.
The peak power demand was recorded at 11.23 PM on Monday, a power discom official said.
On Tuesday, the peak power demand was 6679 MW at 3.04 PM, second highest in the month of June, according to state load dispatch centre (SLDC) figures. It was 6658 MW on June 6.
The mercury shattered all records in Delhi on Monday with parts of the national capital registering 48 degrees Celsius, the highest for the month of June.
This year, the highest peak demand is expected to cross the 7,400-MW mark, the official said.
Last year, the power demand breached the 7,000-MW mark in the city in July, peaking at 7,016 MW, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos