Demonetisation was Tough Decision but People Supported it: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
File photo of prime minister Narendra Modi(Image: PTI)
Guwahati: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
On the third anniversary of the BJP-led NDA government, Modi thanked the 1.25 crore people of the country for standing by him in every decision his government took.
“Demonetisation was a very tough decision. Political leaders (Opposition) tried to create anger and provoke the people. But with the people’s blessings, my government withstood all the problems. Our support grew, despite tough decisions. People can see the change now,” the PM said.
On the issue of black money, Modi said, “We had decided to take strong steps against black money in the very first meeting of the Cabinet. The black money seized from the corrupt will go back to the poor. I’ll face problems, but won’t hesitate to do it as I had promised this to the people”.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Can you Spot the Snake Hiding in Plain Sight in This Viral Photo from Australia?
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli