Dense Fog Causes 35-vehicle Pile-up on Jaipur-Agra Highway, Teen Killed
One person was killed and 40 others were injured in a massive 35-vehicle highway pile-up near Rajasthan's capital city of Jaipur on Sunday, the state police said.
Photo for representation only (Reuters)
Jaipur: A teenager died while 45 others were injured after nearly 35 vehicles rammed into each other amid fog on the Jaipur-Agra National Highway on Sunday.
"The accident took place between Bassi and Kanota near Jaipur when one of the vehicle's driver applied brakes all of a sudden and hit a truck. Due to poor visibility, one after the other vehicles collided," SHO Kanota Police Station, Gauri Shankar Bohara told PTI.
A total of 35 vehicles were involved in the collision. He said the vehicles were coming from Bassi to Jaipur.
The deceased has been identified as Sahil (19) from Dausa district, police.
The accident disrupted traffic on the highway which remained jammed for nearly two hours.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Ashwin Uses Controversial Trickery to Dismiss Rajasthan Opener
- HAL Rolls Out 16th Tejas LCA Fighter Jet for Indian Air Force as Per Target
- Streaming Services Such as Netflix And Amazon Video Now Have More Subscribers Globally Than Cable TV
- Kesari Weekend Collection: Akshay Kumar's War Drama Banks Close to 80 Cr at Box Office
- IPL 2019 | Moments When Rishabh Pant Made His Bat do the Talking
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s