Dense Fog Causes 35-vehicle Pile-up on Jaipur-Agra Highway, Teen Killed
One person was killed and 40 others were injured in a massive 35-vehicle highway pile-up near Rajasthan's capital city of Jaipur on Sunday, the state police said.
Photo for representation only (Reuters)
Jaipur: A teenager died while 45 others were injured after nearly 35 vehicles rammed into each other amid fog on the Jaipur-Agra National Highway on Sunday.
"The accident took place between Bassi and Kanota near Jaipur when one of the vehicle's driver applied brakes all of a sudden and hit a truck. Due to poor visibility, one after the other vehicles collided," SHO Kanota Police Station, Gauri Shankar Bohara told PTI.
A total of 35 vehicles were involved in the collision. He said the vehicles were coming from Bassi to Jaipur.
The deceased has been identified as Sahil (19) from Dausa district, police.
The accident disrupted traffic on the highway which remained jammed for nearly two hours.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma Zooms Past Don Bradman's Record, Leaves Cricket Fans Mesmerised
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When