Depressed Over Wife's Passing Away, Gujarat Man Chokes His Kids to Death, Kills Self
Dheeraj Ladva allegedly smothered his four-year-old daughter Devisha and 18-month-old son Shivam at their house in Aniyari village, around 390 km from Ahmedabad.
Image for representation. (PTI photo)
Ahmedabad: Apparently depressed over the death of his wife in a road accident, a 45-year-old man from Gujarat's Porbandar district allegedly killed his two children before committing suicide, police said on Tuesday.
Dheeraj Ladva allegedly smothered his four-year-old daughter Devisha and 18-month-old son Shivam at their house in Aniyari village in the district, around 390 km from Ahmedabad, Monday night before hanging himself, a Ranavav police station official said.
Ladva was depressed over the death of his wife in a road accident one-and-a-half months ago, and concerned over raising his children alone, he said.
Ladva, who was employed in Rajkot, had been staying with his parents at his native village since the death of his wife. His another daughter resides in Rajkot, he said.
The bodies of Ladva and the children have been sent for postmortem at civil hospital in Porbandar, the official added.
Recommended For You
- With Thor-Love and Thunder Announced, Here's How Jane Foster Becomes Worthy to Wield Mjolnir
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?