Dera Chairperson Vipassana Insan in 'Hiding', Panchkula Court Issues Arrest Warrant
A Special Investigation Team from Haryana conducted two raids recently to arrest Vipassana Insan over last year’s violence, but investigators claimed that she had gone into hiding.
File photo of Vipassana Insan.
Chandigarh: A Panchkula court has issued an arrest warrant against Dera Sacha Sauda chairperson Vipassana Insan more than four months after bloody unrest over the rape conviction of the sect’s leader Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
According to a report in The Tribune, a Special Investigation Team from Haryana conducted two raids recently to arrest Vipassana, but investigators said that she had gone into hiding.
The SIT had questioned Vipassana in September last year over the violence in Panchkula and Sirsa, which left 41 people, mostly followers of the sect, dead.
Thousands of followers of Gurmeet Rahim Rahim indulged in large scale violence in Panchkula following his conviction for the rape of two female disciples. Close aides of the sect chief like Honeypreet, Aditya Insan and Pawan Insan were then booked by the police for sedition and instigating the mobs.
While Honeypreet was arrested in early October, after remaining fugitive for 38 days, Pawan Insan remained elusive for 85 days. Aditya Insan, a doctor, continues to be on the run.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Experienced Shakib & Mushfiqur Lead the Way on Tough Southampton Track
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s