Desperate to Cure Children's 'Disabilities', Karnataka Parents Bury 3 in Neck-deep Mud on Solar Eclipse
The incident occurred in district's Taj Sultanpet village where the children, aged three, eight and eleven, were buried during the eclipse that was visible from different parts of the country.
Parents bury children in neck-deep mud during solar eclipse in Karnataka (News18)
Bengaluru: In a bizarre incident, three children in Karnataka's Kalaburagi district were buried neck-deep in mud during solar eclipse on Thursday to "cure their disabilities and illness".
The incident occurred in district's Taj Sultanpet village where the children, aged three, eight and eleven, were buried during the eclipse that was visible from different parts of the country. The phenomenon was visible in different parts of Karnataka between 8am and 11am.
"A girl and two boys were buried in neck-deep mud. We got information about the incident through a phone call. We rushed to the spot, took the children out of it and shifted them to a hospital. They are stable now," said Kalaburagi taluk tehsildar Mallesha.
"District administration will decide on what legal action needs to be taken," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- There is a Mysterious Structure in Antarctica And Some Think It’s a Massive Building
- There Were Supposed to be no Updates For Windows 7, But Microsoft Will Fix This Bug
- Jackie Shroff Has Won the 'LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Tinder' Meme. Y'all Can Go Home
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears