Despite Health Issues, Goa CM Manohar Parrikar to Present State Budget on January 30
Over the last few weeks, questions were being raised by the Opposition about whether Parrikar, would be present in the Assembly during the budget session
File photo of Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar.
Panaji: Ailing Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who also holds the finance ministry portfolio, will present the annual budget on January 30, the Business Advisory Committee of the state legislative assembly said on Monday.
"Governor Mridula Sinha will deliver her address to the House on January 29, when the House convenes for the three-day assembly session," an official told reporters.
Over the last few weeks, questions were being raised by the Opposition about whether Parrikar, who has been suffering from advanced pancreatic cancer and has been in an out of hospitals for the last 11 months, would be present in the Assembly during the budget session.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]