Differently-abled Woman Among Five Duped of Rs 84 Lakh in Tamil Nadu
After gaining their trust, the accused stopped paying monthly interest on the amount of Rs 84 lakh, following which the disabled woman lodged a complaint.
Image for representation.
Coimbatore: A 29 year-old man was arrested here Saturday for duping five sisters, including a differently-abled, to the tune of about Rs 84 lakh under the pretext of getting higher returns through online trading, police said.
The accused, Jaikarthik hailing from Chennai, approached the differently-abled woman and her four sisters residing in Peelamedu and persuaded them to invest in online trading with an assurance of higher returns.
The sisters also invested Rs 84 lakh, for which Jaikarthik paid the interest in the initial months as promised, they added.
After gaining their trust, the accused stopped paying monthly installments following which the disabled woman lodged a complaint.
A special police team traced and arrested Jaikarthik and remanded him to judicial custody, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right