Differently Abled Woman Raped for More Than Two Months in Maharashtra
The victim was allegedly raped on several occasions in the last two-and-a-half months by the man at her home in Vasai area here when her parents, who are labourers, went out for work.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Palghar: A 20-year-old mentally challenged woman was allegedly raped by an unidentified man in Palghar district of Maharashtra, police said on Tuesday.
The offence came to light some days back when doctors found that she was pregnant, a police spokesperson said.
The victim was allegedly raped on several occasions in the last two-and-a-half months by the man at her home in Vasai area here when her parents, who are labourers, went out for work, he said.
The man used to lure the victim by offering her biscuits and chocolates, the official said.
A few days back, the woman complained of stomachache following which her parents took her to a hospital where doctors found that she was pregnant, he said.
The victim has so far not been able to identify the accused, the official said.
The woman's parents on Monday lodged a complaint following which the police registered a case under Indian Penal Code sections for rape, he said.
Efforts were on to identify and trace the accused, he added
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Didn't Speak to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After He Played a Glorified Villain in Darr
- Gautam Gambhir Pads Up By Taking Oath as Lok Sabha MP
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s