Disability Pension Taxable if Personnel Retired Under Normal Circumstances: Defence Sources
The pension will be non-taxable only to those personnel who have retired due to any kind of disability.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Disability pension will be taxable to military personnel who superannuated under normal circumstances, defence sources said Tuesday. The pension will be non-taxable only to those personnel who have retired due to any kind of disability, they added.
Citing a Finance Ministry circular, dated June 24, sources said, "Tax exemption will be available to armed forces personnel who have been invalided from the service on the account of bodily disability attributable to or aggravated by such service and not to personnel who have been retired or superannuated or otherwise."
Armed forces personnel who suffer any kind of disability due to their service receive separate disability pension. The amount depends on their rank and the kind of disability.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: A 55-inch 4K TV From Samsung For Rs 59,999 is as Good a Deal as it Gets
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Minimal Discounts on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Unless You Pay With HDFC Cards or Exchange an old Phone
- Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- 'Should Consider Sharing Trophy in Case of Tie' - New Zealand Coach Stead