Disappointed with Maoist Ideology Naxal Couple Surrender in Chhattisgarh
Vetti Hurra, a 'militia commander' and his wife Kalmu Huye, an activist with Maoist front organisation Krantikari Adivasi Mahila Sangthan (KAMS), carried rewards of Rs 1 lakh each on their heads, Superintendent of Police Shalabh Sinha said.
Raipur: A Naxal couple surrendered on Saturday in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
Vetti Hurra, a "militia commander" and his wife Kalmu Huye, an activist with Maoist front organisation Krantikari Adivasi Mahila Sangthan (KAMS), carried rewards of Rs 1 lakh each on their heads, Superintendent of Police Shalabh Sinha said.
Vetti was involved in a deadly attack on the Central Reserve Police Force personnel on April 24, 2017 in Burkapal area of Sukma, in which 25 troopers were killed and seven injured, the SP said.
The surrendered Naxals have told police they were disappointed with the Maoist ideology, the SP said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works