Distressed over Repaying Loan of Rs 5 Lakh, MP Farmer Jumps Before Train, Dies
Rajkumar, a family member, said Singh had taken a loan of around Rs 5 lakh from two banks. He was worried as he was frequently receiving the loan repayment notice. Debt ridden farmer commits suicide in Madhya Pradesh
Image for representation: (AFP)
Bhopal: A debt-ridden farmer in Madhya Pradesh has committed suicide by jumping in front of a speeding train, police said.
Worried over repayment of loans, Govind Singh, 50, a resident of Chhapri in Sagar district, jumped before the train on Tuesday.
Rajkumar, a family member, said Singh had taken a loan of around Rs 5 lakh from two banks. He was worried as he was frequently receiving the loan repayment notice.
A probe into the incident has been ordered. An official said family dispute could also be the reason behind Singh's extreme step.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket