District Magistrate, 5 Other Officials in UP Suspended over Negligence in Cow Protection
Chief secretary R K Tiwari informed that the action was taken on the basis of continuous complaints of negligence in the upkeep of stray cows.
Photo for representation purpose only / Reuters.
Lucknow: The district magistrate of Maharajganj and five other officials were suspended on Monday for negligence in cow protection, a top Uttar Pradesh government official said here.
Addressing a press conference, chief secretary R K Tiwari informed that the action was taken on the basis of continuous complaints of negligence in the upkeep of stray cows in Madhvaliya cow shelter in Nichlaul tehsil of Maharajganj district.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Passionately Kiss at LA Clippers Game
- Swara Bhaskar on Abusing Child Actor on a Show: Was Narrating a Funny Incident
- Sara Ali Khan's Fitness Regime Shows How She Gets Ready for a Guilt-Free Vacation
- Shashi Tharoor's 'Simple and Old' Word of Advice to Student Who Wants to Learn a New Word
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper