Diwali Loses Its Sheen for Amritsar Govt Employees. Find Out Why
The employees were credited double salaries for the month of October but it was soon revealed that the error was due to a technical snag.
Amritsar: Several government employees were ecstatic after they found they were paid a "double salary" for the month of October, thinking that the Punjab government gave them a Diwali gift.
But their happiness was short-lived when they were told that the extra amount was credited to their bank accounts by mistake and they should not withdraw the additional money paid to them, officials said.
District treasury officer AK Maini in a notice sent to head of all the government offices said two salaries were paid by mistake and shortly one salary would be taken back.
On being contacted, Maini, while confirming the development, said it has happened not only in Amritsar but throughout Punjab because of technical snag in the software of the government's treasury department.
He said a majority of the government employees were paid double salary for the month of October.
Maini said all the government departments, including education, were told not to withdraw the second salary and within a day, one salary would be taken back by the treasury department.
He said in Amritsar district alone, around Rs 40 to 50 crore excess payment had been made to employees.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor Step Out for a Romantic Luncheon in Mumbai, See Pics
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner After Emmy Nomination
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?
- US Lawmakers Call Facebook's Cryptocurrency Plan Crazy And Delusional After Senate Hearing