Do Not Weaken Judiciary: Jethmalani's Strong Advice to Justice Karnan
The defiant Calcutta High Court Justice CS Karnan, who has been issued a contempt notice by the Supreme Court, was advised on Sunday in a letter written by Ram Jethmalani to meet him to cure the former of his "madness" and put some "sense in your head".
File photo of Supreme Court lawyer Ram Jethmalani.
New Delhi: Senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani has hit out heavily at a defiant Calcutta High Court judge C S Karnan for his remarks against the top judiciary and advised him to "withdraw every word" he said.
In a scathing open letter to Justice Karnan against whom the Supreme Court has issued a bailable warrant to ensure his presence before it on March 31 in a contempt case, Jethmalani said, "In this corruption-dominated country, our judiciary is the only protection. Do not destroy it or even weaken it."
Ram Jethmalani, a Rajya Sabha member, advised Justice Karnan to take back every word that he has uttered against the judiciary.
Justice Karnan had accused the CJI led bench of upper caste bias and stated that this contempt proceeding was initiated because "he belonged to the Dalit community."
Justice Karnan also passed an order directing the CBI to investigate all the seven judges of the apex court who passed a bailable warrant against the justice for refusing to appear before the court.
"As a lawyer I have worked all my life for the backward classes and I have great concern and sympathy for them. But you are out to cause the greatest damage to their interests," Jethmalani said in his letter.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh's Father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani Welcomes Deepika Padukone in True Filmy Style
- Ranveer Singh Simmba Co-star Siddharth Jadhav: I Knew About His Excitement for the Wedding
- India Gets Olympic Warning After Kosovo Boxer Denied Visa
- The Gorgeous OnePlus 6T in Thunder Purple is Here; You Might be Not Pleased if You Already Bought a 6T
- On National Press Day, Here's a Reminder: India isn't Quite 'Free' for Journalists