'Deeply Ashamed': Kolkata Mayor's Doctor Daughter Slams Mamata for Inaction, Silence
In a Facebook post, Shabba Hakim asked people to question why 'goons were still surrounding hospitals and beating up doctors'.
Doctors at NRS Hospital protest against the attack on a colleague. (Twitter/ANI)
Kolkata: Kolkata Mayor and West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim's daughter, a doctor, has come up with strong criticism of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's handling of the ongoing doctors' strike and said medicos have the right to "peaceful protest" and "safety at work.
In a Facebook post, Shabba Hakim asked people to question why "goons were still surrounding hospitals and beating up doctors".
"As a TMC supporter I am deeply ashamed at the inaction and the silence of our leader," Shabba Hakim said on the social networking site close to Wednesday-Thursday midnight.
Till then Banerjee had remained silent on the issue.
"For those saying "Ono Rugider ki dosh?" (what is the fault of the other patients) Sabba suggested they should question the government as in why the police officers posted in government hospitals do little to nothing to protect doctors? Please question them that when 2 truckload of goons showed up why wasn't back up sent immediately?" Hakim asked.
"Please question why goons are still surrounding hospitals and beating up doctors?"
"We have a right to peaceful protest. We have a right to safety at work," she added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics and Videos: Katy Perry Parties with Alia Bhatt, Aishwarya Rai, Anushka Sharma, Karan Johar
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Says She Has No Pressure Being a Star Kid
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?