Alert Pet Dog Saves Man's Life by Forcing Attacking Tiger to Retreat
The tiger attacked Pancham Gajba and his brother from the bushes when they were breaking off a tree branch in a jungle in the morning.
Image for representation.
Seoni: A dog saved his owner's life by forcing a tiger to retreat in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh Saturday.
Pancham Gajba, 22, and his brother were returning from a jungle near Paraspani village in the morning after attending nature's call when the incident took place, said Divisional Forest Officer TS Suliya.
As he was breaking off a tree branch, a tiger jumped out from bushes and attacked him, Gajba told reporters. His brother was some distance away.
His dog, however, didn't scamper away but started barking ferociously.
"The tiger stood over me, on my hands, but before it could get at my throat, the dog started barking. I had a near-death experience," he added.
"The tiger then stepped back and for a while stood still. After my brother and villagers came to my rescue, alerted by the dog's barking, the tiger melted back into the jungle," he said.
Suliya said Gajba sustained deep wounds on his hands and head. He was given preliminary treatment at a hospital at Kurai.
Suliya, Pench Tiger Reserve's veterinarian Dr Akilesh Mishra and other forest officers visited the spot and advised people to stay off the jungle, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz