Doha Bound Indigo Flight with 121 Passengers Returns to Chennai After Smoke Warning
As soon as the cargo smoke warning trigger was activated, the pilot got the nod of authorities to return and safely landed the aircraft at the airport here, officials said.
File photo (Photo: Reuters)
Chennai: A Doha bound Indigo flight carrying 121 passengers on Saturday returned to the airport here, about 40 minutes after its departure due to technical issues, officials said.
As soon as the cargo smoke warning trigger was activated, the pilot got the nod of authorities to return and safely landed the aircraft at the airport here, they said.
In a statement, the airliner said, ".. flight which left for Doha returned to Chennai due to a cargo hold smoke warning which triggered inflight."
"The pilot as a precautionary measure and following SOP (standard operating procedure) landed the aircraft in Chennai for inspection", it said.
Following inspection, the aircraft was found to be satisfactory with no technical glitches. The airline said all the 121 passengers left for Doha by another flight.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge