Don't Play Cricket With Pak, Says Family of BSF Jawan Whose Body Was Mutilated
The family members of BSF Head Constable Prem Sagar, who was killed and his body mutilated by Pakistani forces, have appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to stop India from playing Pakistan in the Champions Trophy.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Deoria: The family members of BSF Head Constable Prem Sagar, who was killed and his body mutilated by Pakistani forces, have appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to stop India from playing Pakistan in the Champions Trophy.
"We are opposing the cricket match between India and Pakistan in the Champions Trophy. The government must understand the pain of the aggrieved family of the martyr. India should not play the match with Pakistan in the Champions Trophy and should not have any relationship with that country," Ishwar Chandra, son of the slain BSF head constable told reporters here.
We appeal to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the BCCI to ensure that India does not play Pakistan, he added.
Over a month back, Naib Subedar Paramjit Singh and BSF Head Constable Sagar were beheaded by Pakistani forces in the Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Under the cover of heavy rocket and mortar fire, Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT) had sneaked 250 meters across the Line of Control and beheaded the two soldiers triggering massive outrage.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance